Happy New Year 2015!

January 5, 2015

Hey Family! HAPPY NEW YEAR and more importantly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

Giant Rabbit...
[How was your New Year's Eve/Day?  What did you do?] For New Year's Eve we were actually instructed to be in our apartments by 6:30. I was surprised. Usually we push harder to go out and find during holidays. But President Porter had a worksheet for us to do. It was an awesome activity. He had us answer all sort of reflecting questions and read certain talks and scriptures.
...Giant Ring...
...Giant party in West Chester
 Questions like, What do you want your home to be and feel like in 50 years? Who do you want to be in 100? in 50? What do you want to be during your mission? I wrote some of my directions I want to go in life, some goals I have for a home and family. I was overwhelmed with a sense that the Lord was well pleased with all that I had done thus far. It was very special to me. I realized that I had become who I wanted to become on my mission. 

New Year's Eve
[Do you have any Zone Conferences this month?] Mission Leadership Council was this last week and it was incredible. I was overcome by the Holy Spirit for most of the meeting. I felt soooo good. I've put it all out here in Ohio and Indiana. I bore my testimony at the end of the meeting as is tradition for all who are about to leave. I was emotional :P It's hard not to be when you've experienced this much with the Lord.


Christmas Morning
[What was the highlight of your week?] We (Elders Tanner, Christensen, Sunderland and I) also pounded 4 Goliath hamburgers today at Mad Mikes. It was delicious. It's like a baconater in between grilled cheese sandwiches. Definitely a highlight.
Watching "The Life of Jesus Christ Bible Videos"

We have interviews and role plays this month. I don't get my interview til later though... You all know why haha [exit interview :)]

Skyline
Mad Mike's
[How did the Mission do on its goals for 2014?] The mission did great! We didn't hit our goal of 720 but we sure did good. President took a lot of time explaining that the Lord was well pleased but never satisfied with us. It was a good talk.

[What are some of the Mission goals for 2015?] We haven't set the goals for this next year. Last year we did that in February.

Goliath hamburger
[What are some of your Zone's goals to make it happen?] I am going to talk to President Porter more about our zone. The Sisters are kicking the Elders' butts for the most part. I don't know what we can do to help them. 

I will miss the food here.
Oh I almost forgot! There is a family that I taught in Western Hills that is getting baptized tonight! I get to go watch. More blessings! They've been taught on and off for so long! 4 years?


I love you too mom!
Elder Fivas