2015 Ford Fusion, baby!

November 17, 2014

Hey, so I have time to write your answers this week haha!

"It was my companion's birthday
this last Monday!"
This pass week was a good one. We had people come to church that we weren't expecting and the Partlow family did an awesome job at friendshipping our investigator family. The Partlows take care of us ;) 

We also got a new car this week! Haha 2015 Ford Fusion baby! I have been so blessed. I drive better cars here than I ever will in my life haha (It's my third brand new car.)

2015 Ford Fusion
55 miles
[What is your monthly budget?] So we get $140 dollars a month but we are given $70 at a time. I have never run out of money until last week because I bought the PVC pipe to make the blow guns for the nerf stuff. Usually gift cards or the Woods or Nana ensure that I don't run out of money ;)

I just try to live off of coupons and the dollar menu and I usually turn out fine. [How often do you have dinner appointments?] We'll have dinner appointments about 3 times a week here which is the best I have ever had. Some members are trying to rally the troops to get us more though. They do love :P I do love member dinners. It's nice to have the time with member families to get to know them and have a spiritual experience together over good food. 


Elder Tanner
[How often do you eat at home?] So I eat at home maybe... 2 or 3 meals a week? Haha I am actually kind of famous for how much I go out to eat :P I will buy pb and j material as a back up and then eat out with the good stuff :P Sister Porter told all of the Sisters in the mission to NOT eat like Elder Fivas haha I just love eating out, it's the closest thing I get to a break :)

[How many lessons do you usually have scheduled in a week?] You still have to remember that I am only 20 years old and still can't plan very well :P But for lessons actually taught, it is Standard of Excellence to have 20 overall lessons taught.
"$.50 corndogs at SONIC, BABY!"

[How many of those lessons are member referrals?] Member referrals are very exciting to get because they are very rare haha. The best missionaries are less actives. That's where I have gotten all of my member referrals. So referral lessons in a week from a member? Once every two months if you're good, and that's from semi-active members ;) Maybe I just don't know how to work with members very well?
Elder Tanner's $.50 corndog

Elder Sunderland's $.50 corndog
[What is your mission's Standard of Excellence? Does it ever change?] Our Standards of Excellence don't really change. For leadership you need 20 lessons overall, at least 4 member present lessons, 4 new investigators, and 2 at church. 

Elder Day finished his $.50 corndog
[How often do you meet with your Zone?] We see the whole Zone more than most because we are a small zone of 8 companionships. We all meet at the same building for District Meetings so we have opening exercises together. And then we have a zone fun day once a month. And either Zone Meeting or a Zone Conference with the Assistants and President Porter.


I love you too family!! These questions make it easy to email, thank you! For some reason emailing makes time go by so quickly! I don't understand how an hour can pass that quickly!



Last week all of the trees were in beautiful technicolor. Now they are covered in snow and dead haha.