Apple Pie Goodness

July 14, 2014

Hey super parents of awesomeness and apple pie goodness!


Monday morning meetings/pancakes
with President Porter
[I'm bummed that your 4th of July package got to you a day late!  I have no idea why it was bounced around Cincinnati. Do you know why it was forwarded?] So I have 0 idea why the package was late but it still sure pulled on my heart strings. Thoughtful gifts that mean things to me like little apple pies just give me joy like nothing else does. Recently Elder Stoddard sent me a bag of Doritos and I just thought that was so awesome (and delicious). I think that guy is pretty swell! I still plan on watching Back to the Future with him when I get back. Anyway, I plan on using all of the fun stuff on July 24th.


[What did you do this week that was out of the ordinary routine?] So out of the ordinary routine this week was what we did on the 4th of July! I would like to mention that we had another baptism as well ;) There are so many good things going on in the ward here! Plus this place is geographically the bomb too because it has everything! 


New Khaki pants 
[What is your Standard of Excellence?] The standard of excellence here for leadership here is 2 people at church, 4 new investigators, and 4 member present [at a lesson] and at least 20 overall lessons [each week]. 


[Do you still email progress reports to President?] I talk to President Porter all the time so he said that I am welcome to email him if I want :P

[What did you do on the 4th of July?] The 4th of July was crazy awesome because we found so many people as a mission! We went to parks and parades and drew the plan of salvation in chalk all over ground and we talked to soo many people. It was a blast! Then we finished with watching fireworks at President's house.
 inflatable bear head wall mount

[Last week we didn't get a letter.] So last week the power went out and I never could hit send :( So I had this letter for you but we went to Eastgate to a zone fun day. And then we had interviews all day on Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday which was a blast and then we focused on hitting standards of excellence in three days... which we did ;) 

Sorry I didn't make it happen :( I loved your letters though! I always enjoy seeing pictures of Logan and reading how my friends are doing. I have a lot going home really soon. All of the sisters in the MTC with me are going home this transfer.
Muncie Island! 

Muncie Island's waterfall
A smoothie place that a guy
turned his backyard into a beach
complete with reggae music
Anyway, I am heading to Kentucky for some more fun but I'll try to make it back to email more!!

[Taylor Johansen received his call to the Samoa Apia Mission. Samoan speaking. Reporting October 8th.]  I am pumped for the soon to be Elder Johansen. The Samoan Elder and Sister here are so cool and remember, the first person I played a big part in baptizing was Samoan,[Dak]. 

Here are some pictures!