Small World

June 30, 2014

Hey super family of awesomeness and love!


Elders Arveseth, Fivas, Martin, Benavides
[Tell us what you thought/felt when you picked up new missionaries from the airport.] When we picked up the new Elders and Sisters I was pumped out of my mind! Elder Benavides was with us and so was Elder Arveseth so I was just full of joy! They came in and we had a lot of fun talking with them and playing games with them before bed. It was sure a sharp group that came through this time around! We also ran the transfer meeting the next day. That was crazy town, but I am getting better with more experience!

So before I go on I want to share how awesome this coincidence was! Alyson Porter came home from her mission last week so President was pumped and her "boyfriend" Jaden Mecham came out to see her a couple days after. He is such a cool guy! We got to talking and it turns out he was an Assistant in the Peru Trujillo mission!! He went to train Elder Davis his last transfer who came out with Elder Boekweg! So do you remember Elder Mecham, Elder Boekweg? He was also supposed to go open that area in the mountains but things didn't work out that way. It's just a small world.

[Do you meet with President daily, or does he call when he needs you to do something?  How often do you meet?] We don't meet with President Porter every day but we do see him every other if not more. He lives 5 miles away or so, so it's not far. Plus we like to play ping pong whenever we get the chance ;) I am getting better! I'd make grandpa Fivas proud! And yeah President calls when he needs something taken care of. He really is like our dad, it's cool. It makes me miss you dad! He always feeds us a delicious breakfast on our Monday morning meetings to discuss how to help the mission. 

[What are your plans for the 4th of July on Friday?] I think we are trying to set a new finding record on the 4th of July and President Porter invited us over after working :)

[How are your investigators doing?] We have one 11 year old on date to be baptized this week and we have an AWESOME couple that is getting really close. They are the best, they give us a lot of Graeters Ice Cream. Western Hills rocks!! We had an investigator wear a kilt to church which was awesome! Sunday was awesome because we had 11 at church. I am still trying to catch Elder Barney's 50 :P

[What are you doing for p-day today?] Today for Preparation Day we went shopping ;) I bought some nice ties and some khakis. I look so fresh ;)

So President Porter's son Wesley and his wife Beth live in Rexburg right now so you need to call them up and invite them over. They have an adorable baby son and I don't normally say that :P He will leave here on the 3rd I think. Call him whenever ;) He is like a big brother to me. 


I'll write more if I remember more!
Love,

Elder Fivas


** Bruce recently got in touch with his old MTC companion, Elder Ollerton (they served in the Peoria, Illinois Mission).  This is what Ollerton had to say: "I was checking out the Cincinnati Mission website to see the transfer pictures of my daughter when I saw Elder Fivas. Wow! Go figure a Fivas and an Ollerton in the same mission again. Crazy."

We asked Brayden if he knew her, "Hahaha I totally know her! She just got doubled into an area training a new missionary and she hit leadership standard of excellence. What a way crazy small world! I will have to get a picture! She rocks!"