Easter 2014

"That pose is totally an Elder Tanner pose"
April 21, 2014

Hey family! 
[We saw that you got our package.  How did you like the ties?] How did you see that I received your Easter package? It was an AWESOME package. I loved that silly little rabbit and all of the snacks were perfect! I forgot to mention that those sour watermelon peeps are heads above the rest of any other peep I have had. The ties you sent me are beautiful! I was complimented frequently on both of them :) 

[How was your Easter? Did you have any investigators go to church with you yesterday for Easter? ] My Easter was a lot of fun! Believe it or not, we average 4-5 investigators at church but yesterday we had a FAT 0 come. Everyone just straight up told us no for church because they all had other plans. I mean seriously? Every other area in our zone had people at church and their leaders were the weakest link! Geez, we'll just be smackin' some heads around this week. 

Elder Fivas and Bryan Porter
[Did you get an Easter dinner invite?] The Fowler family fed us dinner and that was fantastic. There is something magical about King's Hawaiian rolls. We had a surprise, two other families give us food as well and that is always awesome. 

Bryan Porter, the Mission President's son came up with us for a part of his spring break and it was so much fun! It reminded me of the ol' days with Elder Hansen trying to train me and Elder Stoddard. Bryan is going to be such a sharp missionary! I admire his courage to come to a new high school for his last year and leave behind his home. I was honored to work with him for a day because I do hold him in such a high regard. 

I cannot believe it took me this long to realize but the district leaders really do have a lot of sway if they know what they are doing. It is easy to complain and hope for an effective district leader, but where is that on the accountability ladder? Definitely not at the top. Elder Hansen was there to hold my hand and show me the way that he thought so I could be a good leader. Our district leaders don't even have senior companions! These past couple of days Elder Bradshaw and I have been helping Elders Seegmiller, Judd, and Reeves with knowing what their responsibilities are and how they need change patterns in their districts. It's been very effective so far!

"Elder Bradshaw was messin'
 with my camera"
Elder Bradshaw has no problem taking over now. In fact he does it even without prompting. He has a gift from God to never be satisfied with where he is at. It can be bothersome to a companion who doesn't have that gift of the Spirit but how can I complain about that? 

I feel that the Anderson ward is getting quite stretched as of late. We have baptisms at least every other week between us and the Sisters. I can see the members getting kicked out of their comfort zones as they have to stretch and some aren't taking it well, just as has been prophesied. I feel that members like the missionaries who like to come and spend an hour chewing the cud and hanging out and there just isn't time for that. Instead we are giving them more responsibilities because of the harvest and it's not what they are used to. It is just defining the divide more and more I suppose. 
Quit messin' with my camera.

I am very excited for interviews coming on Wednesday. I always love getting some time to talk to President Porter. I will never again take for granted time talking to you, mom and dad. 

We have a district fun day today and we will be playing nerf wars in the church with PVC pipe blow guns haha. This week is looking good!
"The scooter picture made me
think of dad. hahaha"

I can't wait to see the pictures mom, I love seeing what you all look like nowadays :P Send the Thomas family my love too!

Here are some pictures to sign off with. I love you!